Friday, August 10, 2012

Rescuing Tired Words

Phew, what a week!  Between the weather changes and some major travel time in the car back and forth to Detroit airport, I'm glad it's the weekend!

Today's post is another writing related topic.  There are so many words that are overused in both writing and speaking, and although I "preach" about this every year to my students, I decided to take real action against these words this school year.  I created a small poster for each "tired" word, and then listed about 6-10 synonyms for each word.  I'm calling it "Put Tired Words to Bed" and designed the posters with a bedtime theme.  I'm excited to get the posters up on my bulletin board and see how they look!  You can find the Tired Words posters at my Teachers pay Teachers store!










No comments:

Post a Comment