Sunday, August 5, 2012

Writing Traits

I have started every school year with the intention of finally incorporating the six traits of writing system, created by Ruth Culham, into my writing workshop.  And every year this good intention ends up placed on the back burner, and I console myself with the thought, "Next year.  I'll do it next year."  Well, this summer I decided to commit an entire section of bulletin board space just to the six traits, and made original posters to go with it.  I'm hoping that by committing actual space in my classroom, and having committed time to creating the posters, that this year I will actually follow through!  The posters are shown below, but due to recent changes in TpT policy, these will not be available in my store.  However, I've included links below each picture to Google Docs versions of the posters.














6 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! Just what I was looking for - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you happen to have a trait poster for Presentation? I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are greeaat! I love the color. At the high school level we need to emphasize a third person voice. Is there anyway for me to get a version that I can edit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great posters!!! Perfect! Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete