Sunday, June 3, 2018

Back to Basics & KISSing


Whew, what a year!  This has been 365 days of personal and professional transformation unlike any other I have experienced.  It's been exhilarating, yet deeply, deeply humbling.  And none of it was on purpose.

I stepped away from this blog to try and tackle the big, bad, world of professional blogging by purchasing a domain name and professional hosting site.

What was I thinking?

I am a full time, working mom of 3 kids.  I pour my heart and soul into those two occupations, not to mention the fact that I took on some major responsibilities in my daytime profession that ate up all of my extra time I had planned to devote to blogging.

Let's say my eyes were bigger than my stomach. 

I had great intentions, I really did, but had no clue what I was doing.  Not to mention the fact that most of the technical jargon related to professional blogging is completely lost on me.  Whereas Blogger just keeps in simple for me.

Hence the title of this post, Back to Basics and KISSing.  The Back to Basic refers to my return to this low-key style of blogging, and the KISSing refers to the acronym, Keep It Simple, Stupid.  Or for those who feel that language is too strong, Keep It Simple, Sister.  Or Sista'.  Whichever you prefer.

I've realized in my year of personal transformation that I have a lot to say about a lot of things, none of which was being communicated to anyone because of my fear of failure and struggle with perfectionism.  More on all of this in a later post.

So one of my rocks for this summer is to return to blogging in a simple format, one that is less intimidating, and more me-friendly.  Maybe someday I'll try my hand at BIG GIRL BLOGGING again, but for now, I'm content to just KISS it and move on. 

I don't need a bunch of bells and whistles to share my experiences and my story, just a keyboard, a basic blog, and maybe some fun graphics thrown in.

There is, however, one blog post from my BIG GIRL BLOG that I am very proud of, and will be repeating on this page for those who haven't read it.  I guess you could say I will be doing a guest post, featuring myself.

But for now, I just want to say that I can't wait to start sharing all I have learned in this past year, and hope that this small, unassuming blog will find its way to some readers.

Hugs and KISSes-
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment