Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summer Lovin'

Be honest.  When you read the title of this post, you finished the phrase with "had me a blast."  Well, only if you're familiar with Grease.
So you know what they say about the best of intentions.  I really intended to keep up with my blog last year, but, well, life happened.  I gave birth to my second beautiful daughter in November, finished my Master's Degree in December, built a house in March and April, and packed up my classroom in May.  June brought about taking yet another master's class to obtain my reading endorsement, thanks to Ohio's Third Grade Guarantee law.  I won't even go into that, my blood pressure raises to a seriously unhealthy level, and I end up with the strong urge to either punch someone or reach for a bag of Oreos.
So now it's July.  My family is headed to Williamsburg, Virginia this week on a much needed vacation.  It is supposed to be in the low 90's every day, but even if we end up spending every day by the pool, it will still be a break from unpacking cardboard boxes.  See, I ended up packing my house and my classroom at the same time.  I became the Yoda of packing.  I was a Packing Master.  In fact, as I pack our suitcases this weekend I have the strong urge to wrap them in packaging tape and label the outside with permanent marker.
So now I'm unpacking all of those boxes - at the same time.  If I never see another cardboard box again, it will be too soon.  I didn't plan for both of these moves to happen at the same time.  You see, the house building went waaaaaaay faster than we planned, so I thought I would move my classroom, then move my house.  When my husband called and told me the house would be finished at the end of May (at exactly the same time I would be moving my classroom), I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  I ended up laughing hysterically into the phone and then cried after I hung up.  But I ran with it, and everything is moved, mostly unpacked, and there were no major catastrophes involved with either move, although I did lose a bookcase from my classroom and somehow a night stand ended up missing.  All things considered, not too shabby.
So now that I have finished the reading endorsement internship class, I have been able to shift my focus to the school year ahead.  I am in a new building, with a new team, and although I will miss my old team, I couldn't be more excited about this new chapter in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment