Friday, July 13, 2012

Common Core Posters Part 1

I had a successful trip to the Dollar Tree today, and consequently, so did my 2 year old.  She left with 2 Mickey Mouse puzzles and a Big Bird pop up book.  I found some cute wire baskets that I'm sure will serve some sort of purpose, cute packages of colorful patterned card stock, sports stickers to match our sports theme this year, and some square foam letters, capitals and lowercase.  Last year my student teacher created letter magnets for my students to use with a cookie sheet in the Word Work station, and they LOVED them, but there weren't enough letters for them to make all of the words on their spelling list.  So I was thrilled to find those foam letters today.  All I have to do is cut them apart, put some magnets on the back, and I can cross that project off my to do list.

Speaking of to do list, I knew one project I really wanted to accomplish this summer was to dive into our new third grade Common Core Standards.  I've read a bunch of blogs, found a ton of resources on Pinterest, and studied the multiple packets provided by my school district.  There were several sites and blogs that offered I Can statement posters to match the standards, but most of them had a price tag.  So I figured I would just make my own for free.  I am actually really glad I took on this project, because I feel so much more familiar with the standards after putting them into kid-friendly wording.

I am finished with third grade language arts and math, but am still working on third grade social studies and science.  You can see some sample images below, but to get the poster sets, you'll need to go to my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  If you don't have a TpT account, it's super simple to set one up (and you can opt to just be a buyer, not a seller) and you can then download a TON of free resources.  You can also purchase things others have made if you see something you just have to have.  None of my products have a price tag, so help yourself!





No comments:

Post a Comment