Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Common Core Posters Part 2

After a busy weekend and a busy start to the week, I finally got around to making the social studies and science Common Core posters for third grade.  I have to say that after diving into all four subject areas, I feel as though math and science have had the biggest changes, at least for third grade.  I will be very interested to share notes with the fourth and fifth grade teachers in my building.  The posters are available in my TpT store, but here's a little sample:





Here's the best part of all this: now that I have all of the posters done, I am probably going to go back and change the backgrounds on all of them to match the sports theme in my building this year.  Ha!

In other Common Core news, I am compiling the standards into one massive at-a-glance sheet for each subject area, to keep in my new and improved teacher binder for this year.  Although I like the more extensive resources provided by the state, sometimes I need everything in a condensed format that's right at my fingertips.  So far, language arts and math are the only ones I've finished, but social studies and science will follow soon.  The At-A-Glance sheets for language arts and math are also available in my TpT store.  Here's an idea of the look I'm going for:



Finally, I just have to share the cover and dividers I made for inside my teacher binder.  My daughter is obsessed with very into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so after watching about 6-10 episodes one morning (I lose track after awhile), Mickey and friends became the inspiration for decorating my binder.  I cannot take credit for the names of the sections, they were an idea from one of the many teaching blogs I follow although, alas, I cannot remember which one.  But I am excited with how they turned out, and they will be a piece of my baby girl I have at school with me each day.







No comments:

Post a Comment